As the global Internet population continues to grow, electronic commerce is growing as well. The e-commerce is generating around $400 billion annually since 2015. This huge market encompasses traditional e-commerce, as well as m-commerce (which is growing faster than any other sector) and location-based e-commerce.
This two-day program will teach entrepreneurs and marketers how to develop, market, and manage an e-commerce business, giving them a crucial advantage in today’s competitive market.
This two-day workshop will help you:
- Describe what the terms e-commerce and m-commerce mean
- Develop an e-commerce business plan
- Evaluate e-commerce software options
- Build an online store with product pages, supporting features, a shopping cart, and an effective checkout process
- Test, launch, and update your e-commerce site
- Design engaging, responsive web content
- Understand e-commerce payment options and choose appropriate options for your site
- Use appropriate tools to track key e-commerce metrics
- Identify and optimize supporting e-commerce activities, such as customer service, sales, and inventory management
- Create a marketing plan with all the essential elements
- Market your online store using social media and other appropriate channels
- Use discounts and promotions to market your e-commerce business
- Understand what security and privacy issues face e-commerce businesses and handle customers’ information accordingly
- Protect your intellectual property
- Identify the rules and regulations that will govern your e-commerce businesses
What Topics are Covered?
- Getting to Know E-Commerce
- E-Commerce Building Blocks
- Software Options and Solutions
- Building Your Online Store
- The Finishing Touches
- Creating an Engaging User Experience
- Transaction Management
- E-Commerce Analytics
- Supporting Your E-Commerce Business
- Security and Fraud Awareness
- Rules and Regulations
E-Commerce Building Blocks
The basic elements of an e-commerce business are the topics here. This session digs into setting goals, creating a business plan, and then choosing a revenue model. The session also takes a look at successful e-commerce businesses.
Software Options and Solutions
You will get a look at content management systems, e-commerce server packages, and web hosting services in this session. A test drive of an online service and a basic e-commerce site are also features of this session.
Building Your Online Store
A step-by-step look at building an online store is the core of this session. It looks at domain names, site structures, and top-level pages. The session also covers navigation tools, product pages, shopping carts, the checkout process…
The Finishing Touches
After your site is set up it’s a good idea to test it before launch. This session looks at ways to guarantee some positive launch plus post-launch procedures. As a wrap-up, attendees will get to usability test an actual e-commerce site.
Creating an Engaging User Experience
Here, you will get a look at how quality content and responsive site design will help engage users, drive site traffic, and build your business. Also discussed is how to build customer relationships and leverage social selling.
It’s no good having customers but having no way for them to make their purchases. Transaction management is the focus of this session which looks at online payment options, mobile payment systems, digital cash, and cash/check on delivery. This session looks at the details of each payment method and the locations where each type is common.
M-Commerce is commercial transactions conducted using tablets or smartphones and it is growing about 50 percent per year. This session looks at the top m-commerce retailers. We will look at trends in the mobile arena, including wearable devices like smartwatches.
Successful e-commerce sites analyze metrics to study every aspect of their business to help assess and improve it. This session discusses key metrics all e-businesses should track and looks at tools to track these metrics and evaluate trends.
Supporting Your E-Commerce Business
There’s more to running an e-commerce business than just having a website. This session gives you a glimpse of four key supporting areas of an e-commerce business, including: product management, sales and marketing, customer service, and post-fulfillment.
Marketing Your E-Commerce Business
It’s pointless to have great content without the marketing to spread the word about your business. This session gives you a look at the marketing cycle and the elements of a marketing plan. Also covered is a look at different marketing channels with a focus on social media marketing. You also will benefit from some tips for creating promotions to generate customer interest and income.
Security and Fraud Awareness
Owning a business comes with the responsibility to protect data and information that customers share with you. In this session, attendees are shown how to keep customer data safe along with a look at credit card security and intellectual property rights.
Rules and Regulations
Regulations and rules govern businesses around the world. This session takes a look at major areas that are usually regulated by jurisdictions are the world.
At the end of the course, you will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan.
At the end of the program you will benefit from the following:
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
- E-commerce e-books
- E-commerce list of tips and tools
Location: Intoact Offices, 7th Floor, Le Mall Dbayeh Building, Dbayeh Highway
About the Trainer:
Elie Sarkis, Co-Founder of Intoact, is an Inbound Marketing & Google Certified professional with more than 7 years of experience in Communications & Digital Marketing. Mr. Sarkis, a TV Presenter and a dedicated entrepreneur with a Masters in International Commercial Negotiations, is currently heading the Digital Marketing department at Samsung CTC | AC Holding in Lebanon. His passion for communications and the digital world - along with his profound admiration of infinite evolution - shaped the basic building blocks to founding Intoact with the aim of incorporating a constructive change in his community.
Don't forget to bring your laptop so you can do live practices.